Termites can cause a lot of damage to your home or business. Learning how to protect your property from termite damage can go a long way in keeping your building safe. Knowing the signs of termites is important as well. If you notice any signs of damage or any signs that termites are present, give Manning’s Pest Control a call.
There are a few things you can do to prevent termite damage. One of the easiest things to do, but most crucial, is to move all wood, plants, mulch, paper, etc., away from your foundation. Termites can use these materials as a gateway into your home if they are not properly taken care of. Only allow the concrete foundation to come in contact with the soil. Fixing leaky pipes and faucets helps lessen moisture in which termites thrive. Eliminating crawl space moisture is key in termite control and prevention.
Signs of Termites
There are many signs that termites are present or have caused damage. Look for signs of mud tubes, uneven/bubbling paint, or wood that produces hollow sounds. Inspect your home for evidence of termite waste materials. Termites can leave behind patterns in the wood they are in that can help you distinguish what type of termite you are dealing with. Check for cracks in your foundation and check for other structural issues that make it easy for termites to thrive. There are more signs that can be evidence of termites. If you think you have a problem, don’t hesitate to call us for a professional inspection.
Tips for Keeping Termites Out
• Eradicate crawl space moisture that lets termites thrive.
• Keep shrubbery near the building trimmed and allow about 1 foot of space between the shrubbery and the walls. This keeps the area dry as air can flow through easier.
• Fix any faulty water pipes, AC units, and faucets.
• Have an annual inspection done by professionals to ensure your home is safe from termite damage.
• If you have sprinklers on your property, make sure that they are not pointed towards your home’s foundation.
• Keep any firewood away from your home. Store it 20 feet or more away from the building.
If you think that you have a termite problem, don’t hesitate to call us. Even if you do not see a problem, annual inspections can prove to be beneficial. An inspection can uncover problems that you may not have thought possible. It can also highlight situations that may be prime for termites to thrive. Once problems are highlighted, we can craft a plan to remedy the issues. Give Manning’s Pest Control a call today to learn about our termite control services that are provided by our experienced pest exterminators.